Dancing With The Stars is Back!!
DANCING WITH THE STARS IS BACK!!! _
Tonight on KTUL/8 for Season 17-and “The VOO Crew” has the deets, yo-
The stars on Season 17 are:
- Jersey Shore star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi with Sasha Farber
- Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus
- Saved By the Bell and Showgirls star Elizabeth Berkley will dance with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Amber Riley with Derek Hough
- Footballer Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
- High School Musical star Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
- Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
- The Voice's Christina Milian is paired with Mark Ballas
- Bill Nye "The Science Guy" dancing with Tyne Stecklein
- Pretty Little Liars and Army Wives actor Brant Daugherty with Peta Murgatroyd
- Jack Osbourne with Cheryl Burke
- Blue Collar Comedy's Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
... The most notable switch, of course, is combining the performance and results show into one two-hour block on Monday nights -- a format that the show hasn't utilized since its breakout first season in the summer of 2005.
... Each episode will open with a "massive dance number" and end with a pair being eliminated, with the exception of tonight's premiere. Producers think the extra day of rest will probably make a huge difference in terms of people's sanity and hopefully will make the quality of dancing better.
... With Maksim Chmerkovskiy sitting out his second season in a row and Kym Johnson taking a break from the show, troupe members Emma Slater and Sasha Farber have been promoted to pros.
... The set has a new look. Gone is the skybox; instead, the celebrity and dancer seating area will be situated on the floor near the judges' table — which will also be shifted to the opposite side of the ballroom.
... The show is also adding a makeup room and a rehearsal room, where co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet will chat with the contestants before and after their performances, while Tom Bergeron will run the show from the main stage.
We’ll have details/highlighst and results every Tuesday at 8:15am.
*Note* The JBG/Tulsa policy on the publication of certain photographs on the interwebs has recently changed. Therefore, I will now begin submitting my own pictures, to avoid any copyright issues. -ry