98.5 KVOO HI-LO SWEEPSTAKES 2017 - OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility. The KVOO Hi-Lo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of Oklahoma who are, at the time of entry, legal U.S. residents, 18 years or older, and in possession of a valid government-issued photo identification. Employees of Scripps Media, Inc. d/b/a KVOO (“Sponsor”), and of its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, and of any advertising or promotional agencies or other vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. If you have won a prize from Sponsor in the 30 days prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, you are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Eligibility decisions will be made by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Void where prohibited and outside Oklahoma.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:13 a.m. (CT) on Monday, Sept. 11, 2017 and end when grand prize is won. To enter, listen to KVOO’s radio broadcast at 8:13 a.m., 9:13 a.m 10:13a.m., 11:13a.m, 12:13p.m., 1:13p.m., 2:13.m., and 4:13 p.m. (CT) each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period. At or about those times every weekday, Sponsor will announce the designated caller number. When you hear the announcement, call Sponsor at 918-460-9898 (the “Sweepstakes Line”) to try to be the designated caller (the “Caller”). There will be a designated amount of cash between $1,000 and $5,000 in the KVOO Hi-Lo Jackpot (the “Jackpot”), and the Caller will have one chance to guess the amount of cash in the Jackpot. The KVOO on-air staff will announce if the guess is too high, too low or the correct amount. Each qualifier will be invited to attend a VIP Second Chance Party at a TBD Location at a TBD Time, where they will be entered to win a trip for 2 to Nashville for a New Year’s Eve Getaway- airfare and hotel included. If the guess is incorrect the Sweepstakes will continue. The Caller may continue to participate in the Sweepstakes during subsequent call-in periods- but will only be entered into the Second Chance drawing for the trip to Nashville one time.
Telephone calls will be taken by station operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes announcement to determine the Caller.
For those viewing/listening to the station stream on the Internet or other non-broadcast means: Please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the broadcast signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and your dial-up connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the station to participate in this or any other call-in promotion to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The station assumes no responsibility for callers not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the method of listening. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Sweepstakes Line because of malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. If there is an interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during a call-in period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting the Caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity.
4. Winner Selection.
The Caller who guesses the exact amount of the Jackpot (to the penny) will be named the grand prize winner. Potential prize winner will be notified at the time of their call that he or she is a potential winner. Potential winner may be required to present a valid government-issued ID, and/or complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release, which must be signed, notarized and returned within 72 hours of the time Sponsor sends such document to winner. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY. If potential winner: (a) is not in compliance with these Official Rules, (b) does not meet the eligibility requirements, (d) declines the prize, or (d) does not sign and return required documents or provide required identification by deadlines established by Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified.
5. Grand Prize. There is one grand prize. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the winning Caller will win the amount of the Jackpot, which will be an amount between $1000 and $5,000 as determined by Sponsor
Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize and individual components of prize package are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or component of prize package with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prize not won and claimed by eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Publicity. Acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Official Rules and any of the entry or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
8. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (a) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (b) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF PRIZE; OR (c) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE.
9. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (a) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (b) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (c) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (d) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (e) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. Governing Law & Jurisdiction. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Ohio or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. The state and federal courts located in Hamilton County, Ohio will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Hamilton County, Ohio and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
12. Winner Name/Official Rules. For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the winner, visit www.KVOO.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Hi-Lo Contest Official Rules” or “Hi-Lo Contest Winner Name”(as applicable), KVOO, 4590 East 29th Street, Tulsa, OK 74114.
13. Sponsor. Scripps Media, Inc. d/b/a KVOO, 4590 East 29th Street, Tulsa, OK 74114.